Much like the closet in the ca. 1764 Upper South Passage, the closet in the ca. 1797 Upper North Passage was removed in the second half of the 19th century. However, unlike the ca. 1764 Closet, the primary evidence used to reconstruct the closet’s framing were nail holes found in the joists above the closet instead of mortises in the floor.
©The Montpelier Foundation